Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cigarettes to Facebook, NYC to LA.



I'm so thrilled that my dear friend, Lizzy Eggers has moved to LA.

We met in acting school. The first day of class we were immediately best friends and have been best friends ever since. I think it's funny how sometimes "Love at first sight" happens with girl friends too.

I forced her to join SAG right when she moved to LA a month ago. And now she is forcing me to attend all of the SAG events, which I would probably not go to alone. Thanks Liz. Tonight we saw Nicole Kidman speak about 'ACTING...' and I was utterly depressed through the whole thing about how I'm...NOT Nicole Kidman...until I received a surprise text from my director of the indie film, "Javatown' I starred in, Karyn Ben Singer, randomly telling me I'm 'SO the bomb' and that I'm destined for great things.' And somehow that made Nicole Kidman just look a little bit older...and fatter...even though she's not fat at all, but you get the point. I'm sure she has a flaw if you look through a microscope. There's gotta be a freckle on her neck or something...anyway...

Liz was also the friend I attribute to helping me quit smoking when I went through a minor 'romantic smoking cigarettes out on my fire escape in Manhattan while listening to the song 'Save Me' and pining after a boy who went to Columbia and who I'd see in between his many important math and physics classes'...PHASE.

I told her one day that I really wanted to quit. And she said, "Well you can. You TOTALLY can. Just do it. You totally can just stop." And the next day I did. Forever. "Unless it's for a role," in the words of Nicole Kidman, "then I smoke."

Tonight, Liz and I spoke about facebook and how I'm addicted to that, as well. That I use it for work, but then get caught on it for other things and end up wasting time,etc. And she also said I can cut down on that too. She believes in me. And I in her.

I'll talk about the contract we wrote up together back in NYC at another time... we have an important agreement we made together. To be continued...

I have the greatest friends in...

WhimsiCali4nia

1 comment: