Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Friends




I want to give a little attention today to two of my best friends here in LA:
Angel and Mindy. (Myrah, don't be jealous...I love you too...)

Mindy and I met working on the show, 'House.' We took one look at each other and became instant BFFs...well, she had to stalk me for a bit. But I eventually caved. She came up to me on set and said, "We're kinda similar," which I was thinking, but was worried I was flattering myself. She was so cute. We were both wearing cowboy boots, of course. Then we found out her Bday is my half Birthday. And we realized we kind of looked a bit alike...now we go out and people think we're twins.

Angel came later. She appeared on the scene by Mindy's side at an audition Mindy and I both had (since we're the same 'type' we go out for the same roles a lot). And Mindy and I both felt we had bombed it. And Angel had just come from Italy and landed at Mindy's doorstep (fate, I'm sure). And though quite a bit younger, Angel was immediately scolding Mindy and me for being too hard on ourselves, and telling us we were so beautiful, etc. etc. I was like, "WHO IS THIS CRAZY ITALIAN GIRL?! AND WHY DO I ALREADY LOVE HER?!" And ever since, we are incredibly close. And I call her my 'guardian Angel,' simply because that's what she is!

Anyway, they have been going through a lot these past months. Angel moved from Italy, Mindy has moved maybe 3 times and has gone through about 10 different jobs. (They are both actresses). But they are making it happen, and they are brave, and passionate spirits who lift me up with their positive energy.

I so love our coffee morning/beach walk days. We all go through our latest 'dramas.' We laugh. We embrace the absurdity of it all.

P.S. If anyone wants to adopt them, please do. You won't regret it. They come as a package. And they cook and clean. Etc...lol...they keep finding themselves living with crazy ladies who try to hypnotize them. It concerns me, slightly.

Friends keep you going in...

WhimsiCali4nia

No comments:

Post a Comment