Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We're just Visitors



I've decided to start a 'Wall O' Sony' for every pass I get into the studio. Though, there are many more, I swear. I just lost them. Sony seems to be my most visited lot, which is awesome, because it's the closest to me.

Anyway, had a 'general' today. But before my general I met Shane Dawson's manager, who was a beautiful lady sipping an iced green tea latte from Coffee Bean. And I said, "That looks good." And seeing as she was so beautiful, I figured she was an actress, but instead found out her client, Shane was pitching a TV show. And she was a manager. She told me her Mother was in the hospital, so she hasn't been able to sleep, and figured coffee would just make her jittery, but this was her second green tea latte of the day. Funny how much information people will volunteer after you make a statement like, "That looks good." I enjoyed our chat though. And I felt that she looked exactly the way I hope to look in my 50s, and carry myself,etc. There was just something very classy about her.

I realize that this is how interactions OUGHT to be. Spontaneous, surprising, discovering new things by the second.

Just like my interaction in Trader Joe's today with a nice older man who came up to me in the nuts section (please no puns) and said, "Excuse me, I just have to say you're so cute." And I said, "Awww, why thank you." And then the conversation got whacky and he told me about his friend who is '6' 1" and very handsome but keeps falling for terrible Persian women. And he doesn't know WHAT this guy has about Persians,etc. etc. And where am I from. Sweden? That I should meet him. That he wished 'Carl' were there now...that Carl and I should go out for dinner...to the Cheesecake Factory of course... And "You're so sweet. Not like these other typical LA girls..." And it was a strange, funny little conversation, which I enjoyed.

I don't so much enjoy the "This is a ________" occasion. "This is a 'meeting'" "This is an 'audition'" "This is a 'Date'" Because isn't discovering WHAT it is the whole point?! Because half the time the audition happens in the elevator; the meeting happens in the bar, the strange encounter with the man of your dreams happens in the grocery store (well not this time, but you get the idea...)

And in some ways that's what acting is all about. This is a scene about........

You choose in...

WhimsiCali4nia

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right about the "this is a ______" problem. Erica! That's precisely why I stopped messing with eHarmony. Couldn't bear that "This is a DATE" imperative hanging over the whole thing. I just hated that no matter how casual you tried to be, you couldn't escape the reality that you were both just blatantly sizing each other up as potential mates.... I've decided to put all my eggs in the serendipity basket. If romance happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I like the way you think, girl!

    ReplyDelete