Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shelly



After a long day of shooting I came home and walked up the stairs. And after a few minutes, Shelly, one of my two roommates who lives downstairs came to join me in the kitchen. She said, "I could tell it was you because of the way you walked up the stairs (clomp clomp clomp)." Shelly is my personal assistant who I can't afford to pay yet. But she encourages me to manage my bills, and when I don't know how to go about cleaning my room she says, "Do you not know where to start?" And I say, "Exactly!" And she supervises me as I organize my desk, and closet, etc. Or when I say, "I'll do it tomorrow" she says, "Why not today?" She's a good friend/roommate

Tonight we talked about a crazy woman she is dealing with on ebay whom she sold a book to for .$.99 and is asking for a full refund! But it will ironically cost twice the amount to mail the book back, which she must do in order for Shelly to give her the refund. "Is it national Ass-hole week?!" Shelly wondered...I've kind of been wondering the same thing...It has been a strange week. Two people blew me off for no reason at all. I was supposed to collaborate with them on a few projects, and they just never got back to me. Ah well...them's the breaks...in LA there's always someone MORE important than you. SO you just have to find someone more important than them. Unfortunately, it seemed that the lady in question has NOT found anyone more important to pester than Shelly. Poor lady. And I thought my worries were trivial.

Shelly and I are both a bit...well, anti-social (though she has a leg up on me having a boyfriend and all, though it's long distance...). But we know what actually makes us happy-sometimes being dorks in the kitchen figuring out our 'stripper' names.

Shelly's is: Drillbit Pacific (amazing)

and mine is ironically: Shelly Ridgeway (I had a turtle named Shelly as a kid-sure did love that turtle...)

Shelly had to get back to her 'homework'-She's in school for one of those useful skills-I think web design? But she works awfully hard. I told her she looked very much like a college student in her pony tail, glasses, and college sweatshirt. She said, "It's actually a high school sweatshirt..."

Well, it is my goal to eventually be able to pay Shelly for her expert organizational skills. She grew up with an OCD Mother and I grew up with a flighty, Violinist Mother. So I could use a little OCD in my life...not this kind...but the kind that gets stuff done.

Oh, that's another Shelly-ism...she always says, "Get 'Er Done!" I like that. And I'm trying, Shelly. I'm trying. :)


Sweet dreams in,

WhimsiCali4nia

2 comments:

  1. You'll get r done, Erica. PS: I am the flighty violinist mommy type, without the violin! My poor daughter. She'll need a Shelly.

    ReplyDelete